Active City BrakeiAvailable as an option from the second finishing level(Emergency Urban Collision Braking System) technology is a new feature that operates at speeds of 30 km/h or less if the driver is unable to react, helping avoid accidents on city streets or making them less serious.
A short-range laser sensor (Lidar) installed at windscreen level detects obstacles such as a stationary vehicle or one driving in the same traffic directioniIn the same lane. This sensor is capable of automatically applying maximum brake pressureiDeceleration by up to 10 m/s, thereby helping avoid a collision or limit its consequences by reducing the impact speed. In certain circumstances, this system will even be able to go as far as automatically stopping the vehicle altogether, thereby avoiding a collision with the vehicle in front.
The compact SUV PEUGEOT 2008 comes with switchable ESP (Electronic Stability Control) fitted as standard, comprising ASR (anti-skid), DSC (Dynamic Stability Control), EBA (Emergency Brake Assist), ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) and EBFD (Electronic Brake Force Distribution).
Depending on the engine chosen, ESP can be combined with Hill AssistiAround 2 seconds, which briefly immobilises the vehicle, giving you time to move your foot from the brake to the accelerator when starting the car up on a slope.
The new SUV PEUGEOT 2008 has an ultra-light body structure conceived for optimum precision. It was designed to maximise the absorbtion of energy arising out of different types of impact, thereby minimising their consequences for passengers, vehicles and pedestrians.
The result is a lightweight, robust vehicleiFrom 1045 kg, depending on the version chosen that delivers livelier handling, optimised fuel consumption and enhanced driving pleasure.
In the event of a collision, the compact new SUV PEUGEOT 2008 includes 6 airbags as standard, offering extra protection for the occupants:
• 2 front airbags to protect the head and thorax of the driver and front passenger in the event of a frontal impact.
• 2 front side airbags to protect the driver and front passenger in the event of a side impact.
• 2 front and rear curtain airbags to protect the heads of the front and rear occupants.
As dipped-beam headlamps or daytime running lights, when the turn indicator is activated or the steering wheel turned beyond a certain angle, this functioniAs standard from the third finishing level allows the front fog lamps to light up the interior of a curve when driving at speeds below 40 km/h (e.g. when driving in town, on winding roads, at junctions or during parking manoeuvres).
PEUGEOT is making emergency calls more readily available in Europe. When every minute counts, you can count on PEUGEOT Connect SOS for a rapid response.
• Automatic emergency call: if the airbags or pyrotechnic belts are triggered, the vehicle automatically sends out an emergency call - no action from the driver is required. PEUGEOT Connect SOSiThe PEUGEOT Connect SOS service is available as an option, depending on the version chosen, on PEUGEOT 2008 models fitted with the relevant box, subject to acceptance when ordering the vehicle and in accordance with the General Terms and Conditions, available at sales outlets. then locates the vehicle, initiates phone contact with its occupants and sends out suitable help. Phone contact can be carried out in the native language of the vehicle's owner.
• Manual emergency call: should you witness or experience a critical situation (such as illness or aggression), you'll be able to call PEUGEOT Connect SOS fast. All you need to do is press the SOS button at the level of the interior light for 3 seconds.
• Local assistance: should the vehicle become immobilised, you can initiate a call by pressing the PEUGEOT lion button situated at the level of the interior light for 3 seconds. A voice message will confirm that the call has gone out to PEUGEOT.